Welcome to the Church of Saint Anne: Bergen County's most welcoming Catholic Church! Located in Fair Lawn, NJ, we have open doors and open hearts in all that we do: from our faith-filled liturgical and community events, to our school, to our youth and faith formation programs, to our many varied ministries that seek to serve and enrich our diverse parish family of faith. Centered in the Eucharist and rooted in the Franciscan tradition, we are striving to build an inclusive and forgiving community that provides for the needs of all God's people, worships God with reverence and joy, and proclaims Christ's message in all we say and do. We invite you to visit and learn more!
The weekend of October 1st and 2nd we will be having our MINISTRY FAIR! After all weekend Masses--right outside the Church on Saint Anne Street--we will have tables with representatives from our many and varied ministries. This is your chance to GET INVOLVED!! Stop by and learn about BOLD, our new youth ministry program; have your questions about participating in choir and liturgical ministries answered; meet the people who run groups like Cornerstone and GROW and share your ideas; get your kids involved in our community through programs like athletics, scouts, or Play Group. We truly believe there is something for everyone!
BLESSING OF THE ANIMALS & THE FEAST OF SAINT FRANCIS:
In honor of the Feast of Saint Francis on October 4th, we will have our annual Blessing of the Animals on Saturday October 1st at 12:00 noon in the labyrinth behind the rectory. Bring your pets for a special blessing!
AND PLENTY MORE:
Go to our Calendar & Schedule page to view our full schedule.
Many thanks to you all for your support of Saint Anne Parish!
- Vander Plaat Caggiano Funeral Home, 201-797-3500
- Saint Anne's Men's Cornerstone
- Ameriprise Financial, Maria Nigro, 201-221-2723
- Shop-Rite of Rochelle Park, 220 W. Passaic St., Rochelle Park
- Shop-Rite of Fair Lawn/Inserra, 17-17 River Rd., Fair Lawn
- PediatriCare Associates of Fair Lawn, 201-791-4545
- Metal Components, Inc.. 92 Maryland Ave., Paterson
- Peggy Long, Coldwell Banker, 201-956-1974
- Patrick J. Conte Funeral Home, 201-796-0600
- JJ's Pub & Grill, 25-01 Broadway, Fair Lawn
- A. Zerega's Sons, Inc., 201-797-1400
- Fair Lawn Rescue Squad, 201-794-5388
- Children's Aid & Family Services, 201-740-7101
- Jack Daniels Motors, Inc., 29-09 Broadway, Fair Lawn
- Saint Ann's Knights of Columbus Council 2853
- Auto Sumser Inc., (ASI), 201-797-7680
- Columbia Bank, 201-796-5550
- Cosmos Club, 33-02 Morlot Ave., Fair Lawn
- Laser Dentistry of Fair Lawn, Dr. Jeffrey Buchmann, 201-796-0133
Our Faith, Home, Promise
Today we are challenged to provide a physical plant that will not only serve our parish needs and programs, but will attract new parishioners with activities that will nourish them in faith, now and in the future. After careful consideration, our Parish Leadership agreed that we must make critically needed repairs to our facilities so that we can ensure the continuation of Saint Anne’s mission and ministry. Our campaign initiatives include the following:
Church Repairs and Restoration
- Replace front church steps
- Modifications and updates to Sanctuary area
- New pointing and exterior window repair
- Renovate lower Church bathrooms
School Building Repairs
- New gym floor
- Remodel kitchen
- Refurbish bathrooms off cafeteria
- Update the front foyer of the gym
- Replace front foyer doors
Rectory Building Repairs
- Repair elevator electrical system
- Upgrade heating system
- Repair front steps
It is clear that this is the time for action. If we fail to act now, the strain on the buildings will continue and the cost associated with necessary improvements will increase exponentially. Ensuring we are prepared for our future is our priority.
The current campaign target is $1,600,000. This includes the renovation program, our contribution to the Archdiocese of Newark’s campaign, We Are Living Stones, as well as the time and talent-sharing of our parishioners.
At Saint Anne parish, “fair share” for the Living Stones initiative within the Archdiocese has been calculated at $570,000. This total includes both our goal for the Annual Appeal, as well as our part in helping the Church of Newark in its campaign. All monies raised over and above the $570,000 will go directly to St. Anne.
Giving is a deeply personal matter. It is a manifestation of your regard for and faith in your parish and your concern for its future well- being. We ask you to give serious consideration to participating in this memorial program. You can perpetuate the name of a living or deceased member of your family or loved one through a pledge commitment over five years by subscribing to a memorial gift. Thank you for your support of the Church of Saint Anne. Please pray for the success of the campaign!
Our weekly bulletin contains: a reflective letter from Fr. Joe or Fr. Colin; details and schedules for upcoming events; the prayer request list and weekly Mass intentions; and more! If you missed one, we've got it for you here!
We are thrilled to welcome our newest parishioners to Saint Anne!
Madison Grace Lewinski
Ryleigh Rose McCabe
Baptized on September 25, 2016
Thais Kristen Lopez
Baptized on September 11, 2016
Charleigh Isabela Felix
Baptized on September 4, 2016
God bless you and your families!
Our hearts go out to all those who have lost loved ones. May the passage of time and the hand of the Lord assuage your grief, and may you find comfort in the hope of the Resurrection.
This week we pray especially for the family and friends of:
Funeral Home Service: September 27, 2016